DM2009 will be go multimedia in a big and global way during the Nov. 10-13 exhibition. The event will be held -- physically -- in the Main Complex of the World Bank Group in Washington, but you can be completely connected from anywhere in the world.
Some things that will happen, and are already happening:
- Finalists, sponsors, and visitors will be able to borrow Flip camcorders at the DM2009 kiosk to record what's going on and upload their videos at the kiosk to DM2009's YouTube channel. (In photo at right, DM2009 communications leader Edie Wilson shows World Bank External Communications Web Managing Editor Angie Gentile how to do it.)
- DM2009 will livestream video of the event -- here for Windows Media and here for Flash -- and upload interviews with finalists to the DM2009's channel on YouTube.
- There are various DM2009 accounts at Twitter that can be followed, and the DM2009 blog will carry their Tweets during the event.
- DM2009 participants and visitors can also share events photos at Flickr and Slideshare, links at Delicious, connections at LinkedIn, and all kinds of info/images at DM2009's Facebook site.
- This blog will be an online event central where participants and visitors can published their reactions -- in text, images, and video.