YouTube is a service quite similar to Flickr, but for videos. You can upload your videos to this platform, give them a title and description and that way share it with the whole world.
At Development Marketplace 2009 we figured that YouTube would be a great way to introduce the participants to the global audience and include the project teams into the creation of content. Everybody can browse the projects on Youtube and gets an introdcution to these projects by the project teams themselves!
Just try out yourself - the complete playlist is constantly upadted and available at the DevMarketplace2009 channel.
We are still shooting videos and lending participants Flip cams so everybody can film what they want.
We hope that this way our participants' projects are made visible to potential partners and donors.
If you want to contribute, follow the steps below:
Get started with YouTube:
Go to http://youtube.com and create an account:
1. Click on "Create account" in the upper right corner
2. Chose a user name, enter some additional informatin and click on "I accept"
3. Enter you email address and click on "Create acount and finish"
4. Verify your email address.
5. Now log in to Youtube and start uploading videos by clicking on "Upload" in the upper right corner.
6. To make sure we find your video, put the word "dm2009" in the description or add it as a tag.
To see more videos of Development Marketplace 2009, just look at the DevMarketplace2009 channel.